Presented at DEF CON 20 (2012)
July 29, 2012, 1 p.m.
DEF CON is proud to announce the 2nd annual DEF CON awards ceremony, renamed the DC Recognize Awards. These awards are given to deserving individuals in the community, industry, and media.
You voted, so come see who made the cut. The categories we're giving out awards in are:
- Worst coverage of security/hacker related issues by a media person or outlet (Print Media)
- Worst coverage of security/hacker related issues by a media person or outlet (Broadcast Media)
- Best privacy enhancing technology for the last 12 months
- Best security or hacker related Twitter feed
- The "Twit Twat" award for the worst security or hacker related Twitter feed
- The "Captain Obvious" award for the most "common sense" BS talk at DEF CON 20.
(no noms before the con, obvs.)
- The "Security Charlatan of the Year" award